Virtual Learning, Special Programs, and Alternative Learning
Learning Coach and Virtual Student Commitments
For your child to remain on track and on time with their learning, the following expectations should be met:
· Start and complete 6 or more classes each semester on the virtual learning platform.
· Login and complete work 5 days a week completing two courses every 4-5 weeks.
· To finish two courses every 3-5 weeks you can expect to complete 25 to 30 hours online in course activity each week.
· Participate online in synchronous and asynchronous activities on average 25 to 30 hours each week.
· Participate in Live Sessions as much possible and complete work in the program (Buzz and iReady)
· Pass all enrolled courses.
· Participate in all invited intervention learning opportunities.
At Home Learning Coach:
There is an expectation that each student/family has a designated At Home Learning Coach. Duties vary depending on the age, grade level and learning level of each individual student. This person helps to:
· directly help their student(s) by checking for understanding
· aid with turning in work.
· monitor student attendance and progress course completions (Buzz, iReady, Genius)
· help student(s) attend morning meetings and/or live lesson, watch videos, tutoring, schedule/attend finals in zoom.
· hold student(s) accountable for completing weekly assignments and target dates defined by teacher(s)
· encourage student attendance for meetings with Academic Advisor and meet with AA at least once a semester.
· stay in communication with the counselor and completing activities with IC/Xello/Clever
· check school email at least once a week for district assessments and communication from KCKPS.